Sunday, February 17, 2008

Back to the Spanko Brunch

So it's been a long hiatus, for multiple reasons, some of which were detailed by Her in her last post. Time to start getting back into things again.

So here I am, looking over at the topic Bonnie put forth on My Bottom Smarts: "If we enjoy spankings, how can they be effective as a punishment?"

It's kinda funny, since I've been thinking about this particular tidbit a lot lately, as I've been forgetful about things, a little on the selfish side, and just all around not-as-good-as-I-could-be. After a couple incidents of misbehavior (for a lack of a better term, tho it's not quite that simple), I started thinking, "There really need to be consequences for this sort of thing."

The road forks here...the whole "punishment vs casual d/s" theme should be continued this week, so...come back then to get more specifics on this story. But the Brunch part of this goes on below.

I've also been craving a spanking all week, since planned playtime got hijacked by some other things last weekend. So part of me is going, "Do I want a spanking, or do I want correction? Are they one and the same? Or do I like spanks too much for it to serve as a corrective action?"

The truth for me is a lot of things sound REALLY sexy...until they happen. Cold showers, for instance. The idea of being forced to take one is really hott, but...I hate them with a passion once I'm under the water. Standing in a corner...sexy, until it hits the point where the arousal wears off and I'm simply standing with my nose in a dusty corner of the room.

At the same time, standing in a corner while being teased or otherwise played with is a lot more fun. A cold shower with Her standing outside the tub, giggling at me, is more enjoyable than being alone. So the manner in which the "punishment" takes place makes all the difference.

A spanking done "just because" or because I was "such a naughty boy, flaunting that butt" is WAY different than one done because I've been "disappointing" or a "bad sub." The tone of voice She uses to frame the spanking and the lecturing (or worse, the silence) goes a long way to bringing something fun to something awful.

There's also differences in techniques. A hard, fast spanking with no warm up wouldn't be fun (at least not satisfying) under any circumstances. There are also different toys She can use on me that HURT, and not in the "Oh BABY" way.

In summary, a spanking can easily be used as a punishment in my case simply by changing the context and making it HURT.

What do you think? Check out this week's MBS Spanko Brunch to learn more, voice your thoughts, and read what everyone else is thinking!

---Him

No comments: