Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Change and Renewal Episode 1, a Story

Hi everyone...

The creative energies have struck again. I've a serial story in the works, and I think this is an appropriate venue to post! Enjoy, and feedback is always welcome.

"Change and Renewal" Episode 1

It had been three years since I’d stood in front of her house. Three years since last turning into the drive. Three years since last walking up the path. Three years since ringing the door bell. Three years since feeling this nervous.

The length of time seemed impossibly long, partly because I had so little contact with Susanne since then. During many break ups in my life, I had done what might be called stalking. Driving past the girl’s house for a last look, or bumping into her where she works. With Susanne it was cold turkey. I didn’t so much as drive through her end of town.

At the same time, it felt just like yesterday I’d stood there last. Before our breakup, Susanne and I had spent nearly every night in her house. We’d meet at almost the same time each day, spend the same amount of time together. Our routine would be the same each time, even down to our meals. The constant repetition reinforced the illusion that we had been doing these things forever. Slipping into the same old routine made me feel like I’d never stopped.

Susanne swung open her screen door, interrupting my musing. Framed by the peeling white paint of the doorway, she smirked at me while I checked her out. I was looking for things that had changed since I’d seen her last, but was struck by what hadn’t changed. Her hair was the same brown, hanging straight to the middle of her back. Susanne wore a t-shirt I remembered from our final evening, and the way her breasts pressed against the fabric was like coming home. My eyes followed her curves past her hips, and down her long legs till I saw her bare feet. Bright silver chain around her tan ankle battled with her bright pink toes for attention.

Susanne’s smirk melted into a smile. “You came.”

I gazed up into her coffee and cream eyes, walking to the edge of the porch steps. “I don’t think I’ve ever lied to you. I don’t know why you had doubts.”

Crossing her arms over her perky breasts, Susanne tilted her head. “Never doubting you. Just…very happy.”

I stepped on the first stair, ready to climb up to her. Susanne picked up a yard stick I hadn’t seen, and brought it down on the top of my head before I managed to put my weight down. I yelped, more out of surprise than pain, and gave her a hurt look.

“Did I tell you to come up here?” The smile was gone from her lips. Her eyes hardened. “I thought you understood what your role was.”

I felt tears pricking my eyes. I blinked them away, amazed at my reaction. “I’m sorry, Mistress. I know what we discussed. I know my place. I don’t know why I forgot it. I just missed you—“

Another tap with the yard stick on my head. “Stop that. Stop making excuses. I missed you too, silly boy. And now I’m going to have to wait to hug you until you’ve been corrected.”

The tears were back, both at having disappointed Susanne so soon and the idea of waiting for her welcoming embrace. I also felt my face burning, but I couldn’t tell if I was more ashamed of the reproof or of the tears. “Yes ma’am.”

Susanne looked up and down the road. It was just after sunset, plenty of light out. The paved, unlined road was a dead end that ran for about two miles through stands of trees. Susanne lived in a house located among a cluster of houses and trailers. The houses weren’t butting up against each other, but everyone could see everyone else’s business if they were so inclined.

“I was hoping not to risk humiliating you like this, but I think you’re going to need more training than we both thought.” Susanne sighed as if disappointed, but I saw the evil crinkle around her eyes. “Strip, then fold and place your clothes neatly on the bottom step. After you do that, kneel there and call for me.”

I felt my stomach freeze over as Susanne turned without another word and walked into the house, letting the screen door bang behind her.

***

From: knot_master@*********.net
To: cute_buns63@*****.com
Subj: How’re you?

Hey Suzanne---

I know it’s been a while, but I was thinking about you today. Just wondering how you are, what you’ve been up to since we talk last. Catch you later,

---Mike

To be Continued Next Week...

---Him

No comments: